The ‘Get A Job’ Programme is an interactive employability, enterprise & interpersonal skills course for 16-24 year olds who are Not in Education, Employment or Training. It aims to help young people develop the self-awareness, confidence and skills to be able to move into a job, a traineeship, an apprenticeship or a college course.
The course will be delivered at The Way Wolverhampton Youth Zone (Wolverhampton city centre) four times a year, with the first group inducting on 21st July and starting fully on 25th July. There are 81 guided learning hours scheduled over 6 weeks, 3 days a week, 10-2 each day, followed by a two week work placement and ongoing weekly drop-in employability support.
The course is part-funded by Accenture and partly by The Way (not ESF). Anyone who meets the age and NEET criteria is eligible, regardless of where they live. Each cohort will have approximately 12 young people.
Key course content:
• Teamwork & communication skills
• Adventure challenge away days including high ropes and team challenges
• An accredited Level 1 or 2 in Employability, Enterprise & Interpersonal Skills
• Advice from business people on succeeding at work
• Business & Enterprise Project – designing, creating & selling a product
• CV writing, job applications and practice interviews
• Behind the scenes tours & workshops at local businesses
• Support with identifying and securing next steps
For more information or to refer a young person please email mailto:email@example.com call 01902 328290