A West Midlands Voluntary & Community Sector Leaders’ Group (WMVCS) is urging civil society organisations and groups across the West Midlands region to take part in an important survey which will feed into a local strategy for inclusive growth.
This strategy aims to ensure that economic benefits of growth across the West Midlands are transferred equally to individuals and communities. Localise West Midlands has been commissioned by the West Midlands Combined Authority Inclusive Growth Unit with funding from Barrow Cadbury Trust to bring civil society organisations together to explore some big questions:
1. What does inclusive economic growth look like in the West Midlands?
2. What is blocking it – and what is enabling it?
3. How will it be delivered?
The answers to these questions will feed into the vision and draft strategy for inclusive growth in the West Midlands – into the burgeoning Local Industrial Strategy’, and into other West Midlands Combined Authority business such as the Forum for Growth conference.
Localise West Midlands will ensure that a model for ongoing civil society engagement emerges from this work.
Your responses are needed by the end of November 2018.
There are a number of ways that you can join the debate and influence the Inclusive Growth Agenda:
• Join the LinkedIn Group – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12120828
• Respond to the survey [Once you have completed the first page, you can freely scroll backwards and forwards until you click ‘submit’. The deadline is 31 October 2018 but any responses received by 20 September can be fed into the workshops and interim briefings which will take place in September and October.]
• Discuss the three questions at one of your meetings and send your thoughts to Localise West Midlands by 31 October 2018 (contact details below)
• Send information to Localise West Midlands (contact details below)
• Attend a workshop or coffee drop-in (Book a place by emailing Rosemary directly – details below)
o Workshop (Birmingham) 27 September 10.30 – 1.30
o Workshop (Birmingham) 18 October 10.30 – 1.30
o Coffee and chat drop-in (Coventry) 29 October 10.00 – 4.30
o Coffee and chat drop-in (Wolverhampton) 1 November 10 – 4.30
• Suggest a meeting (email Rosemary – details below)
Get in touch!
• Telephone: 07971 249858
• Email: email@example.com