Important Information about £150 Energy Bill Rebate

Important Information about £150 Energy Bill Rebate

What do I need to do?

If you already pay your Council Tax by Direct Debit and you live in a property in bands A, B, C or D, you don’t need to do anything.

The rebate payment will be made into your bank account. Payments will start to be made from April.

If you don’t pay your Council Tax by Direct Debit, we’ll be in touch. And if you don’t pay Council Tax, we’ll also contact you as you will need to apply for the £150.

Council Tax bills for the 2022/23 financial year are being sent out now. Direct Debit is the quickest and easiest way to pay Council Tax, and the best way for most people to get the rebate. If you’re not already paying by Direct Debit, you can set up a Direct Debit online.

If you’re not sure which Council Tax band your home is in, you can check it online.

What if I don’t live in a Band A to D property?

If you live in a home in Bands E to H, there will be a discretionary scheme that you may be able to apply to. Information about this will be shared on the council website.

In the meantime, please don’t call us about this scheme.

Do keep an eye on the council website for updates.

More information

You’ll find details on eligibility and updates on how we will contact those who don’t pay by Direct Debit on our website.

If you’re not a Sandwell Council Tax payer but you’re signed up for these emails, you can find out more about the scheme on the Government website. Your local council will be in touch if you are eligible for the rebate.

Other Posts

Contact Us

Tel: 0121 525 1127

1st Floor, Landchard House
Victoria Street, West Bromwich
B70 8ER