It’s the fourth year of Cradley Heath Arts Festival and this year it truly has the flavour of a community event. Groups and individuals who organise creative activities have helped to expand and extend the Festival, to 14 venues with over forty events. The Festival starts on, Friday 1 June. The main Festival Day is Saturday, 9 June.
You can drop in to classes and demonstrations during the Festival week to podge, strum the Uke or try Latin Dance. You can also:
• Visit a working decorative plaster company
• Hear the award winning Cradley Heath Male Voice Choir
• Have a meal at Fish and Chip restaurants
• Find live music and a party at Weatherspoon’s
• Discover portrait demonstrations
• Bring your creative energies to interpret the landscape of Haden Hill Park. Book a place on the Landscape Challenge
• Home-made cakes at the cafe and goodies from Cass Art
On Saturday 9 June visit different venues up and down the main drag:
• Including the Community Centre, The Art Yard, Oss Box (Cradley Heath Creative’s own mobile arts and community venue)
• Iconoclast Constructs (fabulous name and unusual metal work)
• The Library – for the spoken word and music performances and workshops
• Refreshments at the Holly Bush Pub and Arts Centre
There is a special visit to Tesco by the artists of The Caravan Gallery, c/o Multistory, as part of their lead up to Blast! Festival. Visit them for a sideways look at what’s going on round here.
Anything produced as part of the festival will be exhibited and celebrated at The Art Yard in the week of Monday 25 June.