Midland Mencap is the region’s leading disability charity. Originally established in 1949, Midland Mencap is a registered charity providing a wide range of support and wellbeing services to citizens and family carers.
The charity is looking for new Trustees to join the existing board and work alongside a skilled, experienced, and talented leadership team to help steer the organisation through a time of change, growth and organisational development. They want trustees who will share their skills and experience appropriately, through communication with staff and other trustees.
The trustees are the custodians of Midland Mencap and are legally responsible for ensuring that resources are used effectively in pursuit of our main objectives.
In practice this means, among other things, you will:
- Uphold and adhere to the highest standard of charity governance as set out by the Charity Commission.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the charity.
- Monitor the performance of the executive against the organisation’s strategic and operational plans.
- Contribute to the identification and monitoring of risk.
- Participate in meaningful discussions at Board (and committees) with your expertise, skills, knowledge, and experience.
For more information or an informal chat, please feel free to contact CEO, Dave Rogers, on Dave.Rogers@midlandmencap.org.uk