Murray Hall Community Trust is seeking to recruit a Play Worker within Rowley and Oldbury. You will be responsible for ensuring a fun, active, stimulating and safe place for children to freely play as well as leading specific activities; adapting your skills and experience to work with different age ranges (6-12 years) throughout a session. Activities are to be delivered during the evenings and school holidays.
Salary: £8,139 per annum (£18,822 FTE)
Hours: 16 hours per week, plus additional hours as required during school holidays
Contract Type: until 31st March 2023 (subject to continued funding)
Location: Brickhouse Community Centre, Rowley Regis
• Experience of working with children, 6-12 years – in either a paid or a voluntary capacity.
• Knowledge and experience of using a range of different methods and models of working with children, young people, and families
• Awareness and understanding of the importance of play in the lives of children and of the positive role that they can play in supporting children.
What the company will offer:
• 28 Days annual leave + 8 days bank holiday (pro rata for part time employees)
• Auto-enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
• Access to Employee Assistance Programme
• 24/7 access to Employee Assistance Programme
If you are interested in this role, please go to the www.murrayhall.co.uk and download the Job Description and Person Specification along with an application form. Your completed application form needs to be emailed to HR@murrayhall.co.uk or posted to: HR Recruitment, Murray Hall Community Trust, The Bridge, St Marks Road, Tipton, West Midlands DY4 0SL.
All applications must be submitted before the closing date of 23:59 hours on 9th December 2021
Please note that Murray reserve the right to withdraw job advertisements earlier than the published expiry date. Therefore, if you are interested please submit your application as soon as possible
This role will be subject to an Enhanced Barred List DBS check.
For an informal discussion please contact Sarah Rutter on 0121 559 9916