The Gap Centre is a vibrant, thriving church-related charity at the very heart of West Bromwich. The Centre offers child care and other children-related facilities, together with youth and community work.
The role of Secretary is to support the Chair and is primarily an administrative role. It will be your responsibility to ensure the Board of Directors conducts itself professionally and effectively and provides sound governance of the charity.
This is a voluntary position with expenses paid, where required.
Main Responsibilities include:
• Responsible for the smooth and efficient running of meetings
• Work collaboratively with the Chair to plan, produce and circulate agendas and supporting papers for Directors meetings.
• Taking minutes and circulating to all Directors
• Checking that Directors and staff have carried out actions agreed at meetings
• Support members in fulfilling their duties and responsibilities, organising induction and ongoing training.
• Experience of undertaking administrative tasks and minute-taking
• Excellent organisational ability and the ability to work collaboratively and provide support to other committee members&
• Knowledge or experience of business and committee procedures
• Experience of senior management or leadership
• Good independent judgement and ability to think creatively
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly both in person and in written form and provide timely advice
• Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Directors
Time Commitment and Location:
• To attend a quarterly Board Meeting at The Gap Centre in West Bromwich, or the occasional away day at alternative sites.
• Pre and post board meeting administration.
For further information or to discuss the role, please email Les Trumpeter at firstname.lastname@example.org.