The Quaker Housing Trust provides grants and interest free loans to housing projects that cater for people with a wide range of needs, including homes for:
• People with mental & physical health problems
• People with learning difficulties
• People who would otherwise be homeless
• Women escaping domestic violence; etc.
Funding is available for:
• Buying, building, converting, renovating or refurbishing property
• Expanding an existing housing project
• Making a housing project ‘greener’
• Smaller practical things which turn a house into a home.
To be eligible for funding, applicants need to have legal charitable status and be a small organisation (with an annual turnover of not more than £5 million and without access to sufficient income, reserves, or other fundraising, to pay for the work).