Sandwell Council has confirmed its commitment to tackling homelessness and rough sleeping with a set of priorities planned for the next five years.
Members of the public and interested organisations are being asked for their feedback on the strategy.
Through the Sandwell Homelessness Partnership, Sandwell Council is committed to ensuring that it builds on its past successes in tackling homelessness with plans taking it up to 2027.
The council’s Homelessness and Rough Sleeper Strategy aims to:
• prevent and relieve homelessness
• ensure that a range of suitable, sustainable accommodation options are available for people who are or may become homeless
• understand people affected by homelessness and the real problems that need to be solved around homelessness
• provide robust holistic support for people who are or may become homeless, or who need support to prevent them becoming homeless again
• ensure that no one in Sandwell has to sleep rough.
Anyone who is interested is invited to give feedback to help shape the strategy before it is taken forward for formal approval and implementation.
Comments are invited on the consultation by Friday 25 February by visiting www.sandwell.gov.uk/consultation