SCVO provides a range of support to local voluntary groups and community organisations wishing to involve residents through voluntary activity. This support aims to help local organisations improve their ability to attract and recruit new volunteers, and to ensure that volunteers have a safe, productive and beneficial experience.
SCVO’s support offer includes…
- Assisting organisations to become ‘volunteer-ready’ with regards to having appropriate policies and practical arrangements in place;
- Helping organisations to improve their local profile and their invitation to residents to ‘come and get involved’ through the use of electronic media and marketing as well as more traditional methods;
- Promoting opportunities for volunteer-involving organisations and community groups to come together, network, share good practice and learn from one another;
- The ability to post volunteer vacancies on SCVO’s online portal so that opportunities for residents to get involved can be advertised across Sandwell;
- Being on hand to advise resident-involving organisations on issues relating to managing day-to-day work with volunteers and good practice.
SCVO also works with local community organisations, businesses and strategic partners across Sandwell to champion the value of volunteering, and to promote new opportunities for participation through campaigns, projects and partnership initiatives.
For more information on SCVO’s support offer around volunteering, please contact Stuart Ashmore:
- T: 0121 525 1127
- E: email@example.com