The Art Yard is calling artists to the free Community Exhibition as part of the Cradley Heath Green Landscapes (CHGL) project, which is supported by Arts Council England. Due to the stricter restriction imposed on numbers allowed in gatherings, the deadline for handing in artwork has been extended to the 31st October. This will allow artists who attended the Plein air sessions time to complete their works.
For those of you who have already submitted artwork or photographs, these will be held and included in the exhibition.
While approved parks events cannot go ahead you, your family and your friends can still visit the green open spaces of Cradley Heath at any time to create landscape art or to take photographs. However, you should comply with COVID-19 social distancing guidelines.
How to get involved
Visit any or all CHGL location to create your landscape (all media). The locations are:-
1. Bearmoor Playing Fields Sutherland Rd B64 6EA
2. Haden Hill Park B64 7JL
3. Mary MacArthur Memorial Gardens, Lower High St B64 5AJ
4. Mouse Sweet Brook Nature Reserve, New Pool Rd B64 5BX
5. St Luke’s Green Space, Upper High St B64 6BL
Completed Landscapes (Free Submissions)
All landscapes should be completed by 31st October 2020.
Label your work with a title, media used, your name and your contact details.
Then submit your work free to the project landscapes collection, either: hand in original art (ready to hang/display) at The Art Yard or email a good quality Jpeg image (max 3Mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHGL Exhibitions Programme (Selection)
You will have to hand in your work at The Art Yard if you want it to be considered for selection into the following exhibitions:
• Premiere: to be held at The Art Yard 16th November 2020.
• Tesco Extra: 20+ landscapes selected by Tesco (Cradley Heath) and TAY will be printed to form the public window display. Others will be shown in-store. (Dates to be fixed)
• Sandwell Libraries Service (Blackheath): 24+ printed landscapes selected by Library staff, ‘Friends’ and TAY will be shown on Library window displays. (Dates to be fixed)
• Haden Hill House Museum (Tudor Rooms): Sandwell Museums Service, ‘Friends of HHH’ and TAY team will review all original work handed in (ready to hang/display) and select supplementary all media landscapes art for museum exhibitions.
If you wish to take part in the project, the Art Yard look forward to receiving your finished artwork. Should you require any additional information please contact Martyn Harris at email@example.com.