St Albans supports members of the local community with a range of activities that improves their quality of life. They also run a daily luncheon club.
The charity is seeking to hire a part-time mini bus driver for the centre’s lunch club and day care service transport provision, including routine safety checks on the vehicle.
Salary: 16 hours per week, £9.00 per hour
Hours: Monday & Friday (8.30 am – 5.00 pm with half an hour lunch)
Duties will include:
• Operating the routes, collecting vulnerable and elderly clients from given pick-up points along the route and delivering them to St Albans; collecting them from St Albans and dropping them back at the given points.
• Responsible for the health and safety, comfort and welfare of pupils and staff.
• Carrying out daily and weekly vehicle checks, and to carry out basic maintenance.
• Reporting any vehicle defects, faults, incidents and accidents
• Ensuring the vehicle is in a clean and roadworthy condition before and after use.
• Refuelling vehicles as required.
• Covering for absent colleagues.
• Maintaining company image; working attire should be worn at all times and kept in a clean and tidy condition.
• Working within health and safety guidelines and other guidelines that may be issued from time-to-time
• Working within the constraints and guidelines as set out in the Minibus Drivers’ Operating Instructions.
• During holiday periods perform maintenance duties within the school as requested by the Deputy and or CEO.
• Undertaking any associated duties as required by the deputy and or CEO.
For further information, a job description and / or an application form, please call Carol Coleman or Martine Crooks on 0121 558 0018.
The closing date for this vacancy is Wednesday, 18th March. Interviews are planned for Monday, 23rd March.