Tesco Bags of Help has responded to the current COVID-19 crisis by setting up a new fund to support local communities. In order respond quickly to the emergency we have created a streamlined application and payment process to make it easier to get funds out quickly.
The programme will provide a single payment award of £500 to organisations who are supporting vulnerable groups, as part of their emergency response in supporting local communities.
Typically, the fund will support organisations that have experienced:
- Increased demand – a holiday hunger club needs more resources to support children through the summer months or a food bank whose stocks are running low and needs an immediate donation to enable the food bank to restock.
- Disrupted services – a local charity setting up a delivery service to replace its monthly lunch club, or a charity needing to set up a telephone service to support beneficiaries.
- New services –a health focused charity having to set up a new online patient service requires new IT equipment. or a mental health charity developing a new service.
Applications will be welcomed from a wide range of organisations including: voluntary/community organisations, registered charities, schools, health bodies, Parish/Town councils, social enterprises, Community Interest Companies, community councils, local authorities and housing organisations. Other not-for-profit organisations might also be eligible.
Businesses and ‘for profit’ organisations are not eligible.
Typically we would welcome applications from organisations such as:
- Health focused charities- such as Cancer, Diabetes, Heart charities
- Food banks
- Homeless charities
- Charity supporting the elderly or those needing to self-isolate
- Women’s refuges
- Charity supporting children and young people
More information about the funding and application forms can be found on the website: https://tescobagsofhelp.org.uk/grant-schemes/tesco-cv-fund/
Groundwork Enablers are available to help groups fill-in their applications. If any group would like some assistance or has any questions please contact:
Michelle Brodie, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 07795 815 522