Summit House Support (SHS) is a registered charity which has been operating in Dudley and Sandwell for over 21 years with an excellent reputation for delivering customer focused successful interventions. Their mission is to empower the people they support to set their own goals and vision, realise their full potential and live free from discrimination, equipped with the confidence and skills to contribute to the communities in which they live.
Summit House Support services provide support which is specific to the needs of the individual, and the key to providing quality services is their excellent and dedicated staff and volunteer team.
The Bridge Employment Hub is their exciting new project funded by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund and will run across the Sandwell and Dudley Boroughs.
The Bridge aims to improve the confidence and skill set of vulnerable unemployed people enabling them to move forwards and engage in education, training and volunteering opportunities leading to better employment prospects.
Moving forward the project will deliver:-
- Monthly peer support groups
- Specialist workshops including information on self-employment and social enterprise
- Activities to improve confidence including creative arts and drama
- 1:1 benefits advice supporting transition to employment
- Activities to improve teamwork and reduce isolation including yoga and football
- Volunteering opportunities and Back to Education support
- Access to a weekly job club and advice on CV writing, job search and interview preparation