In SOFII’s article they explain the importance of both connecting and engaging with your supporters or investors and why you shouldn’t wait to long to say thank you.
Your thank you letter is the most important thing next to your appeal that a supporter will receive so it needs to sparkle with sincerity. If you want to keep more of your supporters and stand a part form the pack, a carefully crafted thank-you letter is a perfect place to start.
A well written thank you letter not only tells the story of what their donation is being used for it helps create a connection that shouts loud and clear: ‘You matter to us…and your donation makes a difference.’ If you fail to develop this connection you are potentially losing the supporters continued investment in your organisation and it’s activities moving forward.
The article asks you to consider:
- How soon after a gift is received do we send a thank-you letter?
- Do we note the amount of the donation or gift?
- Do we recognise long-term and repeat donors? If not, is our system capable of this?
- What kind of information do we have on our supporters?
- If any, what kind of donor feedback have we received on thank-yous?
To read the full article click here.