Building Bridges Training is an independent social enterprise helping to makes a difference to people with a learning disability, to be included and have full and valued roles in their local community, through delivering training, research and resources.
Building Bridges Training is looking for volunteers who are familiar with using Android tablets and social media, particularly Facebook.
Your role will be to support people with a learning disability to learn:
• How to use a tablet – to turn on and off and use a touch screen.
• Recognise familiar apps
• Search the internet using search engines and voice option, for helpful information e.g. weather, travel plans
• Use Facebook to send and receive messages
• Take photos and upload to Facebook
• Use the Able to Include app
Volunteers will also be expected to assist people to:
• Use a laptop and a mouse, Make personal PowerPoint presentations etc.
• Use the internet
• Use the pictogram translations and record their feedback in Word.
For further information, please get in touch with Liz Tilly at email@example.com or call 0121 559 9197.