The way health and care is delivered across the Black Country and West Birmingham is changing. NHS and Social Care partners are referring increasingly to the VCSE as the ‘corner stone’ of a thriving, healthy and happy population. But how, in the context of an Integrated Care System (ICS), can the VCSE take more of a lead role and have greater influence and input into decision making?
Stephen Terry, Engagement & Partnership Lead for the Black Country & West Birmingham ICS, would like to share his vision with you for a system wide, VCSE leadership forum. The purpose of the forum being;
– To strengthen the voice and influence of the VCSE at system level
– To act as a vehicle for the VCSE to operate as equitable transformation, innovation and integration partners.
– To connect the amazing work that’s already happening at neighbourhood and place, bringing together insight and activity at system level.
– This isn’t just a one way street. The leadership forum will improve the 2 way flow of information with members of the system group acting as brokers for place and neighbourhood structures.
– To provide a single point of contact for the ICS to engage with the VCSE ensuring that VCSE leadership is present around the decision making tables at the earliest possible point in time.
– Develop a culture of ‘working together’ with the VCSE able to play a lead role in shaping policy, strategy, new cultural emergence and commissioning frameworks. All whilst building the capacity of the VCSE, helping health and care partners cement themselves as ‘anchor institutions’ and critically, reducing inequalities and improving population health.
If you’re keen to learn more or help shape plans for the VCSE leadership group, then please join us for a co-design workshop on July 19th between 12:30-2pm. You can register your attendance at the workshop here https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/vcse-leadership-group-co-design-workshop-tickets-162053385037
Email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like help registration process.