Sandwell Council continues to invest in the voluntary sector and wants to hear from groups that would like to apply for funding for new initiatives helping local people in Oldbury. The Council needs your support to develop exciting projects that support making a difference to people living in Oldbury.
There’s the Local Area Budget for community projects, Healthy Towns Funding for health-related initiatives and the Youth Offer for schemes supporting young people.
The projects delivered will aim to contribute to the delivery of 10 ambitions that make up Sandwell MBC’s Vision for 2030. For more ideas as to how your projects can contribute, please visit the Vision 2030 website.
Applications that demonstrate value for money and meet the following priorities will be considered favourably:
• Getting more children and adults to undertake more activity
• Improving health and wellbeing for residents
• Support to purchase equipment to deliver community activity e.g. youth clubs, sports equipment etc.
• Raise awareness of the effects of harmful drinking
• Community projects that engage older generations in positive activities that reduce isolation and social/digital exclusion
• Community projects that aim to build resilience in communities, and engage people of all ages in making Oldbury Cleaner, Safer & Greener
• Applications that indicate match funding, or an alignment to main stream funding will be welcomed
Applications will not be supported where:
• The project does not demonstrably show how it will meet council priorities
• There is insufficient or unclear evidence of need for the project
• The costs of the project are not clearly presented and justified
• Retrospective funding
• The project duplicates existing funded projects
For more information on applying and to request a form to apply for council funding, please contact the Oldbury Sandwell Local centre or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 569 6079 to discuss your project.