The West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) has funding available to help redress the regional inequalities in access to green space.
They are hosting a FREE webinar on Thursday 27th January 2022, 1:30-2:30pm via Microsoft Teams to discuss the different levels of funding available, how you can apply for funding and the process.
The funding is open to any eligible group or organisation based in the West Midlands but priority will be given to areas with green deprivation.
Examples of potential projects include:
- Nature playgroups that give children and families with no regular access to green space an opportunity to experience hands on activities.
- Activities run at community gardens/open spaces/parks, eg. tree planting, gardening, urban greening, growing fruit and vegetables.
- Development of new community green spaces that increase local access.
- Projects that significantly improve the biodiversity of the area and promote behavioural change on accessing green spaces.
- Those that increase or improve green/blue (canal, rivers etc.) spaces close to where people live.
We will also be joined by the team at George Park and Heart of England Community Foundation.
If you have any questions you’d like answered in the webinar please email email@example.com by 4pm on 25 January 2022.
The session will be on Microsoft Teams and a link will be sent nearer to the event to book your place click here.